Saturday 29 July 2017

Asking The Father If It's Okay To Marry Erica


  • It's Friday 21st July.


9am, I've asked my boss if it's okay to leave an hour early and work through my lunch.

Got the okay.

4.30pm, catch the train to her parents home.

5.15pm, texted Erica to say I'm seeing friends.

5.20pm

I arrive at her parents home, had a nice chat, was nervous, the parents had a chat with each other, I waited.

The father said he wanted to discuss this with Erica, to make sure she was happy.

Ah.


  • Saturday 22nd


Whilst Erica was in the shower, I swapped the Monopoly boxes, replacing her game with my creation.

So there you have it.  The game is ready to be played, but I haven't received the okay.


  • Sunday 23rd


Erica texts me at 10.30pm to say that her parents give their blessing for me to marry her.

---

Darn.

And there goes the surprise.

She knows it's coming.

The only thing I have is that she doesn't know what it is.

Unless, she opens up the box to have a look.  Although I doubt that she would.

No comments:

Post a Comment